Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ideal Trip

One thing that I have found is that there is the plan (what I would like to happen) and then there is reality. If I could plan the ideal photography trip to Zion this is how it would go. I would be there about a half hour before the sun rises. I would have the perfect spot all picked out and no one else would be there(tourists - other photographers). There would be nice big billowy clouds in the sky and as the sun rises it would just kind of hang there casting an orange and pink glow over the sky and canyon walls. My equipment would work flawlessly and every shot would be a keeper.

OK now back to reality. Its the middle of the summer, I have my wife and three kids, and its the middle of tourist season so every hike, pullout and rest area is packed with people. However this is life and I love it so you manage to make the best of it. And, in my opinion, I still walked away with a couple great pictures. Would you have known that I was packing my one year old son on my hip on about every picture in this post?

I guess my point is, is that you can plan and plan and plan but really its just about getting out there when ever you get the chance and just take pictures. If it wasn't for my wife saying just pull over and we'll do a little hike, let the kids stretch, and you can take some pictures none of these pictures would have happened. So I guess the real point is hope that you have a supportive spouse or not much will happen...





2 comments:

Lauren said...

Aw, you give me too much credit :)
Love ya

Matthias said...

Do your kids scramble to see the camera's LCD after every picture you snap? They won't even be able to comprehend the days of film...