Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Navajo Loop

After pulling wire all day behind Big Arn at the cabin my idea of relaxation was to head up to Bryce and do a couple mile hike. Luckily though when I got up there the temperature was below freezing the wind was blowing so hard that you could hardly stand up. If you missed the lucky part in that sentance is was that I pretty much had the trails all to myself. On top of all that about a hundred yards down the trail turned to pure ice. If you have ever done the Navajo loop you know that the trail is pure switch backs so, that coupled with the ice, made for an interesting hike. The last three switch backs are always in the shade so they were not especially fun. However I just sat on my butt and slid down so it turned out ok. The trail was a pain but I think that it paid off. The pictures turned out great in my opinion. I know a lot of them look the same but I couldnt pick out my favorites so you get them all. For the ones of the trees I just laid down in the snow on my back and started shooting. One person did walk by and asked if I was ok but other than that it was great.









2 comments:

Raegan said...

Very Cool.

Anonymous said...

I bet it wasn't as easy to slide out as it was in! Good work.
Kris