Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Canaan

Last weekend dad and I headed out for the hills. These pictures are from our ride in the morning up to Canaan Peak. The first picture is a test for shooting panoramic shots. For next time I need to set the exposures so they are all the same for all the shots. I found in photoshop how to stitch them together and it makes it very easy to do. If you are interested look up photomerge. The panoramic shows pretty much the whole lower piece of the Grand Staircase. On the far left if you look really close (you might not be able to see because I had to shrink the image down so it was easy to upload) you can see the Smoke coming of the Page power plant. On the right you are looking towards Panguitch and in the middle you are looking at Mollies Nipple and Kanab Utah. The rest of the pictures are just shots I took on the way up. I took almost 200 pictures so I hope to be posting a lot for the next few days.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool you are becoming quite the arteest
kld

Jack n Gaye said...

Wow, you are such a writer to go with the great photo's of the area. What a time we had!
Dad