Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Buena Vista, Overton Nv

One thing that I love about Moapa Valley is that I have plenty of chances to snap the shutter of my Nikon. This spot is about 15 minutes from the house. I have many memories of my younger days, making the trek up the rough road to this beautiful lookout with my dad. The place is called Buena Vista. If I remember correctly it was built by the CCC boys back in the day during the Great Depression, not to be confused with the current great Recession.

The family and I headed up here to watch the sun set and, of course, take a few pictures. It has a great view of Moapa Valley and, what was once the Overton Arm of Lake Mead. Lake Mead, I guess, is also in a great recession. If it recedes much more than it already has I wont be able to launch the boat at Echo Bay. Hopefully the politics calm down and they will start filling up Mead instead of topping Powell off. However I think I have digressed a little from the photography so I'll move on.

Anyways if you get the chance head on up to Buena Vista point above Overton Nevada off the North Shore road. In my opinion its worth the rough road to see a little bit of Gods good country.











2 comments:

Raegan said...

I love this place. It is very cool. Don took us up there for the first time in the spring. Can't wait to go again.

Annie Leavitt said...

dustin- we really like your photography of the desert.

nevada pride baby.